- Brooklyn Bound: NOS Boutique
- NOS Boutique
- 81 Front Street - Dumbo, Brooklyn
- contemporary clothing and accessories for men and women by designers you want and know
- Mackage, Smythe, Soia & Kyo, Loeffler Randall, AG Jeans, Eve Gravel, Dolce Vita, New Balance, Pour La Victoire & more!
- Between $50 - $500 depending on the brand
- Returns accepted within 7 days of original purchase date for Store Credit or Exchange Only.
- Click here for a store map!
Having resided in DUMBO, Brooklyn for the last five years, I’ve witnessed a significant rise in the number of art galleries, inhabitants (most under the age of two!) and noteworthy pizzerias. While having three (count ‘em) fine purveryors of the pizza arts within a one-block radius may not be the best thing for your waistline, you’ll need those extra calories to rummage through the nearby designer clothing boutiques that are clearly worth the dough.
One of my favorite newcomers to the neighborhood is NOS – a welcome addition to the community’s more established, high-end luxury designer outpost Zoë. Situated on the corner on Front and Washington, NOS’ prime locale attracts a loyal following of hipsters, entrepreneurs and stylish new Moms. Step inside the spacious loft and you’ll swoon over NOS’s warm atmosphere and unpretentious vibe. Founded by Racquel Nosworthy, an incredibly stylish and savvy merchandising maven, NOS’s M.O. is simple: “to serve the residents, commuters and visitors of DUMBO by offering affordable fashion and accessories for men and women by designers they want and know”.
What I love about NOS is that I can actually indulge in multiple on-trend and wearable staples for everyday, with prices that won’t send you into sticker shock. Here are my top NOS clothing and accessory picks for spring:
- Funktional – amazing day-to-night basics like shorts, army jackets and print dresses. Take, for example, this ice blue tweed blazer. With a price tag of only $142, no wonder this line is selling like hot cakes!
- Eve Gravel – an unbelievably talented designer who also happens to hail from Montreal (my birth place). Her form-fitting dresses, skirts and tops are the epitome of chic.
- Pour La Victoire – these chunky heeled nude pumps are the perfect complement to this season’s splashes of in-your-face neon. Plus, they travel well from boardroom to bar. And at $250, they’re “toe-tally” worth the investment.
- Loeffler Randall handbags – this mini crossbody is as functional as it is fashionable. Bonus: it happens to be on sale for $318. Tick, tock!
- AG Jeans – I’m loving these distressed boyfriend blues. Trendy, sure, but amazingly comfortable and surprisingly, butt-lifting. Pair ‘em with ankle booties and you’re good to go.
- Mackage leather jackets and their lower-priced sister line, Soia & Kyo –trenches, rain wear and moto jackets like this are flying out the door.
Having frequented 81 Front Street a few more times than I care to admit, Nos ‘s staff have become a surrogate family of sorts (yes… I’m talking about you, Calvin and Jeremy!) Everyone treats me like royalty, even if I have no intention of buying (a rarity, of course). They text me with photos of new arrivals before they hit the floor (God forbid I miss out!), offer free delivery (in Dumbo) and upon request, even let me borrow their mannequins for FashionJunkie.com resale clothing shoots. We’ve become so close that on occasion, I’ll even stop by to get their expert opinion on impulsive purchases I’ve made at Shopbop and Rag & Bone (takes Chutzpah, I know).
Other surprises that are sure to delight: interactive shopping events and designer trunk shows, in-store fashion shows and charity events such as this Sunday’s Room To Grow clothing drive in honor of Mother’s Day, so you can shop ‘til you drop without the buyer’s remorse.
NOS Clothing Drive Details: Donate 3 new or like-new baby/kids clothing and shoes items (for ages 5 and under) and receive a receive $50 NOS gift card with any $250 purchase, plus $25 off all denim. Stock up on butt-flattering blues from AG, DL1961, Rich & Skinny, Genetic Denim, Paige, Paper Denim and more. Plus, lots of sweet treats from Pink Berry, Brooklyn cupcakes and gourmet tea.
Hope to see you there!