The Lower East Side (L.E.S.) has certainly come a long way to shed its cheap shmatta and old-school tailor image. While performing my weekly shopping reconnaissance missions, I’ve noticed an emergence of hipster clothing boutiques, bars and restos that have recently popped-up in the hood. From one-of-a-kind vintage finds (Tahir Boutique), indie handbags, shoes and baubles (Clarabella) to eco-friendly fashions (Kaight), the L.E.S. offers an undeniably cool collective of shops not found anywhere else in the city.
To celebrate the burgeoning L.E.S. revival, owners from several edgy establishments have banded together to host the ultimate block party. The first of a series of monthly events, next Thursday’s L.E.S. Shop Night will offer exclusive designer trunk shows, special discounts, tasty treats and martinis ‘til midnight.
Get set for guilt-free shopping, as participating stores will donate 10% of the evening’s sales to the L.E.S. Girls Club of New York, an organization dedicated to assisting in the development of girls and young women ages 8-23. The shopping equivalent of a pub-crawl, L.E.S. Shop Night promises to be the swankiest buying and boozing extravaganza of the season. So grab the girls and don your party frocks ‘n flats – you’ll be shopping and hopping ‘til you drop.
THE RETAIL DETAILS!
- When: Thursday, September 20, 2006
- Time: shops from 6-10pm, bars & restaurants from 9pm-midnight!
- Where: Lower East Side
- 20 Peacocks, 20 Clinton Street
- Clarabella, 279 E. Houston Street
- Dangerous Mathematicians, 176 Rivington Street
- De Vino, 30 Clinton Street
- Kaight, 83 Orchard Street
- Live Fast, 57 Clinton Street
- Lola y Maria, 175 Rivington Street
- Michael Andrews Bespoke, 20 Clinton Street
- Pear. & Plum., 124 Ludlow Street
- Pixie Market, 100 Stanton Street
- Still Life, 77 Orchard Street
- Suite Orchard, 145a Orchard Street
- Tahir Boutique, 75 Orchard Street
- Travessia, 176 Stanton Street
- Valley, 48 Orchard Street
- Cocoa Bar, 19 Clinton Street
- Koca Lounge, 76 Orchard Street
- Salt Bar, 29A Clinton Street
- Savor NY, 63 Clinton Street
Filed: Shop Talk